nr. ref.: 14011BR
The Financial Control (FC) Analyst will play a key role supporting one or more DS Countries/Clusters in driving the efficiency and effectiveness of its/their financial control framework. The candidate will play a key role in nurturing DS FC within FO, the Country/Cluster and the relevant community within the Line of Business.
The role also encompasses specific responsibility for supporting a variety of Management in Control processes; such as:
- delivering the Risk & Control Identification process
- maintaining an effective risk-based financial control framework to ensure that risks are
- effectively and efficiently addressed
- monitoring and reporting the effectiveness of controls
- supporting the control aspects of new systems implementations
- migrations and retrofits to ensure these are successfully embedded in FO
- supporting FC continuous improvement and ESSA initiatives locally
- ensuring application of an appropriate risk based control monitoring methodology.
- Accountant or qualified by experience indyvidual who has a range of experience in either the internal audit or risk and controls arena
- Passion for operational excellence and CI, to aid in our drive to Top Quartile in FO GRA and motivate others to do so
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English C1) and ability to influence, motivate and coach multi-cultural virtual teams of varying experience and know-how
- Knowledge of local laws re. accounting, internal controls, statutory requirements
- Knowledge of FCM, Shell Control Framework, Shell Risk Management, SOX Methodology, Sox issues, Corporate Guidelines, Policies etc.
- Good understanding of one or more End to end financial processes is desirable
- Understanding of business drivers, needs and related risk and ability to interpret the relevant management information is appreciated.
- Management of own deliverables will require the ability to prioritize and balance workloads along with strong time management skills.
- Abbility to manage change and work indepedently
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects