ABB Group is looking for a person to join this team as
Internal Control Operations Manager
- Support the definition and implementation of the Group’s internal control methodology and activities.
- Support the definition and monitoring of the annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Analyze and draw conclusions (Red Flags) regarding the effectiveness of the internal control environment and then initiate corrective actions with the relevant stakeholder.
- Proactively develop and improve the internal control processes and provide guidance through instructions, clarification meetings, helpdesk responses, frequently asked questions and training to the Group internal control community as necessary.
- Coordinate planning and timely execution of the operational testing of controls, and monitor and follow up the timely completion of testing to enable Group management to conclude whether ABB’s internal control over financial reporting was effective;
- Assess, develop, update and deploy the testing training approach and the training materials. Deliver training as required;
- Perform the role of Testing Manger for Group Holding companies in Switzerland including planning, resources and execution;
- Perform desktop as well as special reviews as required to monitor compliance with Group methodology. Analyze and draw conclusions to identify Red Flags (whether Process or Control related or Group-, Region- or Country-related) and initiate corrective actions as required;
- Lead Group-wide projects and initiatives to simplify and rationalize the ICoFR environment and systems.
- Draft, tailor and deliver communication relevant to the audience through instructions, clarification meetings, helpdesk responses, frequently asked questions and training to the Group internal control community as necessary.
- University degree in finance, accounting, auditing, etc.
- Professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA/CISA;
- 5-10 years’ experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas;
- A good understanding of Internal Controls methodology and practices;
- An understanding of US GAAP;
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the areas of process improvements and/or accounting– ideally both;
- Sound working knowledge of ERP systems;
- Experience in a large multinational matrix organization implementing company-wide initiatives including ongoing monitoring of implementation and taking of corrective actions as required;
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written);
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral;
- Ability to draft, tailor and deliver communication relevant to audience;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Service-oriented mindset;
- Willingness and ability to learn other tasks and activities within the ICoFR Operations team and be the back-up for other team members.
- An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Good working environment.
To apply for the position, please send your application (Curriculum Vitae in English) via our page or using the button under the advert.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”