The HDS Internal Audit Department performs assurance services for the Internal Control and Risk Committee and the Audit Committee as well as process improvement consulting projects for management. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit based in the UK, and will perform various types of audits or consulting project and support JSOX testing project. This position will support global organizational initiatives as well as other team members as needed to achieve the department’s goals and will be an advocate of controls and company policy. The position will also have responsibility to take a lead role managing some projects.
The position should have good knowledge of internal audit and accounting practices, and have the ability to analyze processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
The senior auditor should be able to work collaboratively across various departments, regions, and cultures.
Process Audits – 60 to 70%
- Participate, or lead, various types of audits and consulting reviews, including but not limited to global end-to-end process review, sales office audits for particular countries, transactional testing, and operational reviews.
- Analyze data, using data analytic tools to aid audit procedures.
- Identify risks and improvement opportunities in the organization and provide meaningful, high impact recommendations for management to improve process and operational efficiencies, including reducing the possibility of fraud, and mitigate risks.
- Prepare work papers, write reports or other deliverables timely and professionally to adequately and clearly document testing, support conclusions, communicate findings and recommendations.
- Validate the completion and closure of agreed remediation and management actions as needed.
- Influence process owners and stakeholders to improve operations and enhance controls.
- Good project management skills; working on multiple priorities/projects for on-time delivery, proactively providing status of all activities to Internal Audit management.
J-SOX – 20%
- Collaborate with JSOX PMO (IA Manager) to perform JSOX walkthrough, testing, and overall control effectiveness evaluation related to J-SOX compliance requirement.
- Produce quality deliverables (e.g., walkthrough and testing) to support the reliance strategy of external auditors.
- Recommend internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies.
Other – 10% to 20%
- Execute special assignments to support the wider needs of the Internal Audit team or other business functions.
- All team members in the global IA department
- Business leaders and staff
- Ernst & Young audit teams (for JSOX)
- Various contacts in Finance Department, Controllership, and Field Finance
- BA/BS degree or higher is required
- An accounting or audit qualification is required (e.g. CIA, CISA, CPA, ACCA etc)
- At least 5 years prior internal audit experience or accounting firm consulting/advisory is required (Big 4 experience is desirable)
- Experience of data analytics tools and processes desirable
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, and influencing skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player in global, multi-cultural team
- Experience of shared service center environments is desirable
- Additional language skills (other than English) desirable
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
The happiness and welfare of our staff is of huge importance to us at Hitachi Data Systems so we have developed a generous benefits package for our team.
Ignite your career with Hitachi Data Systems. We use data to power the digital enterprise. Our culture values respect, individuality and growth for every employee. Visit us at HDS.com
Interested in this role?
Send us your CV written in English using the Aplikuj button placed below stating the job title in the subject line.