Wolters Kluwer Polska poszukuje kandydatów na stanowisko
Internal Control Officer Region Central Europe
Necessary Professional Skills:
- In-depth working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, accounting procedures and financial reporting standards are required;
- You must be highly organized, efficient, and a self-starter;
- You should have a proactive work ethic, unbending moral code and the ability to think analytically;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are also crucial in conveying important information to management, employees and outside agencies;
- You must be able to work interdependently and have the flexibility to thrive in an ever-changing and sometimes loosely structured environment;
- You must be willing to travel as needed (up to 20%);
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities;
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills;
Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in external audit company is required;
- Experience as a financial analyst or financial controller is a plus;
- Degree, preferably in a related field such as finance, accounting or business administration;
- A graduate degree or professional certification in Internal Control would be an advantage.
- Provide a business consultancy service which will offer solutions to improve operational efficiencies and add value to business processes when participating in special projects and reviews.
- Prepare risk assessment analyses and develop tests of accounting records, internal controls, and accounting systems to ensure compliance with regulations, accounting principles, cost accounting standards, and contract/agreement provisions;
- Conduct testing according to the risk assessments and test plans within reporting timelines agreed upon with corporate management.
- Liaise with Internal Audit on a regular basis to ensure work is aligned to corporate priorities and guidelines. Provide management support during Internal Audit reviews.
- Manage and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal audits, ensuring the documentation of completed corrective action plans by responsible country office staff;
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization;
- Participate in global projects (developing procedures and processes);
- Ensure that access to critical systems are designed and implemented to avoid segregation of duty conflicts, or, if unavoidable are controlled with compensating control(s)
- Work cooperatively with staff at HQ and in the country offices to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency;
- Report and communicate with management on a regular and periodic basis the status of issues in testing, audits both internal and external, and via the Internal Control Dashboard