Corporate Risk Manager
The Corporate Risk Management (CRM) team is a team of more than 20 people looking after operational, business, and strategic risk in all the Euroclear Group entities, branches, and representative offices. The CRM team is part of the Risk Management Division.
Your part of the deal
As the Corporate Risk Manager for some divisions of Euroclear Bank, you are responsible for promoting and sustaining a robust risk management culture.
To achieve this objective you will:
- Engage with your departments and understand their objectives, constraints, challenges, to build a 360° view of their risks.
- Help the business identify and document relevant inherent risks and independently assess the effectiveness of the controls put in place to mitigate them.
- Issue recommendations and ensure relevant reporting and follow-up at all levels
- Support risk assessments initiated by the first line and issue Risk Management opinions for the bank’s Risk and Operating Committee.
- Ensure that risks are taken into consideration when key decisions are made (risk appetite).
- Challenge management and escalate if necessary when risks are not sufficiently taken into consideration or sufficiently addressed.
- Report these risks in the Risk Universe and risk reports/heatmaps to provide management with a continuous view on the risk profile of your divisions/departments.
- Pro-actively initiate risk assessments to confirm risk levels.
You are also the primary point of contact for the senior management of those divisions. You follow-up and monitor the yearly Risk and Control Self-Assessment process.
You work in close collaboration with your risk colleagues to form a comprehensive and coherent view of the risks in the group. You also share your expertise and work on common initiatives with other Risk Management teams. You define and support the Risk Management Framework.
You may be involved in specific projects that have a cross-entity dimension and be called to present topics and write memos for risk committees or senior management.
Occasional, short-duration trips to other entities of the Euroclear group may be required.
- Organisation agility: you understand the group structure and the interactions between the different parts, you know who are the key stakeholders, the communication channels, the origin and reasoning behind key internal policies/practices and you adjust accordingly to operate successfully.
- Impact and influence skills: you have a strong capacity to build a network, to articulate views in a manner that is understandable by key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities: you can identify and classify risks, clarify root causes and impacts, review mitigating actions, follow-up on action plans. You can express complex data, situations or ideas clearly.
- Creativity: you are a lateral thinker, you can view issues from different perspectives, identify patterns and connections between risks, leverage ideas, solutions or approaches proposed by others.
Our part of the deal:
- You are part of a cross-location, international team
- You cover a broad array of risk topics
- You use a mature, advanced risk management framework
- You have lateral interactions with colleagues from Risk Management and Compliance
- You interact with Euroclear Bank’s management team and risk committees
Send your CV in English to recruitmentPL@euroclear.com
apply at www.jobs.euroclear.com