State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
SOX Tester / Internal Auditor
JOB ID: 126279
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was first established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2500 staff members at three sites across the city and will now open a new office in Gdańsk. This will offer multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle as our Poland branch provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
1) Carrying out Sox and internal audit functions.
- test controls per criteria laid down by the FCCO
- in conjunction with Control owner, ensure that requests are sent out to the Business asking for sample information
- Liaise with FCCO / Control owner re queries and timescales laid down as and when required.
- report any exceptions to Control owner for discussion and agree planned course of action to remediate exceptions.
- update test results for all controls in web-based system
1b) Internal audit: Carrying out internal audit activities:
- Obtain registers of transactions and select random samples.
- Advise appropriate Business partners of samples selected and request data required to complete testing.
- test samples per criteria laid down
- Theoretical Financial background
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to communicate at all levels and work well with people.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in an evolving financial controlling environment.
- Experience of working in the financial services environment.
- PC skills essential, especially MS Excel
- Very good knowledge of English
- Experience in SOX testing area and/or internal audit
- Investigative ability with good analytical and detective skills to enable each control to be fully tested.
- Ability to interpret data and processes and relate these to the audit testing process.
- an aptitude for thoroughness and an eye for detail
- confident and resilient enough to push through occasional resistance/ obfuscation from teams being audited
To apply to this position, follow the „apply now” link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.
Job ID: 126279 / Location: Krakow